$85M New York apartment comes with trip to space
A 15,000-square-foot, 10-bedroom duplex condo in New York City comes with a $1-millon yacht, two Rolls Royce Phantoms, a Lamborghini, and, oh, two tickets to outer space.
Price tag: US$85 million.
It’s the most expensive residential listing on the open market in NYC.
The condo takes up two-and-a-half floors (44th and 45th) in the Atelier Condo on West 42nd Street in Hell’s Kitchen.
Also included: a US$2-million construction credit to bring together 13 separate units into one massive space; a weekly dinner for two at a French fine dining restaurant for a year; courtside season tickets to the Brooklyn Nets for a year (which fetch about Us$225,000); a mansion rental in the Hamptons for a summer; live-in butler services and a private chef for a year; and floor-to-ceiling city and Hudson River views.
The out-of-this-world part is two US$250,000 seats on a Virgin Galactic space flight.
The condo is being sold by property investor Daniel Neiditch, the building manager at the ultra-lux Atelier.
“Someone not from New York can [move here and] have a New Yorker’s lifestyle and point of view,” the lifelong New Yorker told the New York Post. “In a way, I’m offering my lifestyle. I’m offering a way for a foreigner to jump right in.”
But Neiditch has waited a long time for a buyer. The current listing has been active for 817 days.
The unit stands out for its throw-in perks but not its price tag. An 8,255-square-foot, six-bedroom condo on Park Avenue is listed for US$82 million. A 15,000-square-foot, 6-bedroom townhouse on E. 62nd Street is up for US$79.5 million. A 12,000-square-foot, seven-bedroom co-op on Fifth Avenue is going for US$76,000 million. And for just US$73.8 million, a three-floor, 10,000-square-foot, five-bedroom penthouse overlooking Fifth Avenue can be yours.
By way of comparison, the most expensive Vancouver listing on Realtor.ca is a CAD$38-million four-bedroom penthouse, and in Toronto it’s a $25-million New York brownstone-inspired six-bedroom home.
#canadiannews #worldnews #headlinenews and stories from around the world
USA Today News Headlines
- Texas shooting suspect won’t face death penalty, could be paroled
- Mother of Texas school shooting survivor says gunman killed students as they hid in closet
- Harry and Meghan's wedding reception: See her new dress, and that Jaguar
- Tina Fey's 'Saturday Night Live' monologue was crashed with star-studded cameos
- More than 25 hospitalized in NYC due to synthetic marijuana
- LeBron James, Cavaliers destroy Celtics in Game 3 of Eastern Conference finals
- 'Saturday Night Live' imagines Bishop Michael Curry's response to the royal wedding
- Parkland survivor David Hogg: Wear #OrangeCaps at graduation for gun control
- Mountain lion kills one man, injures another east of Seattle
- Pastor plays host to gun class one day after school shooting kills 10 in close-knit community
- Baseball playoff game helps begin healing process after Santa Fe High School shooting
- Hotel front desk secrets: 9 ways to improve your stay
- Did (possibly pregnant) Pippa Middleton steal the show at another royal wedding?
- Why rising gas prices won't last, even after Trump ends Iran nuclear deal
- Scenes from Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal wedding
- Cowboys receiver Terrance Williams arrested after car accident
- Boss, 56, has sex with drunk teenage employee, gets 6 years in prison
- Still friends! Prince Harry's ex-girlfriends Chelsy Davy, Cressida Bonas attend wedding
- Helicopter airlifts trapped residents as lava from Hawaii volcano speeds up, air quality diminishes
- Bishop Michael Curry quotes MLK, Jr. at royal wedding
USA News Headlines
- 'All that was going through my head was get out'
- Texas official blames shooting on too many exits and entrances
- These are the victims of the shooting
- Suspect tells investigator he spared people he liked
- Student who was shot in head speaks out
- Opinion: Something was different about this
- Trump really wants the (North Korean) show to go on
- Mueller has a lot of options besides indicting Trump. Here they are
- Air Force apologizes for 'Yanny' or 'Laurel' tweet
- Cuomo presses Giuliani on informants claim
- Trump administration to bar abortions at facilities receiving federal family funds
- Richard Branson considers this one of his biggest mistakes
- 'China's SpaceX' launches first private rocket
- The drones that fly 24/7, no humans needed
- Help me! Raccoon rescued from storm drain
- Teen fighting for the rights of gun owners
- Woman trapped by mud has died
- Teacher finds 6-year-old chewing on bag of cocaine
- Man lives his last days on Mississippi River
- Hardware employees save woman's life
ABC NEWS Headlines
- Community mourns the 10 victims killed as authorities probe motive behind massacre
- The Latest: Wounded student attends school baseball game
- Airline passenger punches deaf pregnant woman, service dog: Police
- Doctor who slipped abortion drug into girlfriend's tea sentenced to 3 years in prison
- Cougar kills mountain biker, injures fellow rider
- What we know about the Texas school shooting suspect
- Wife of man charged in blast probe died in 'mysterious case'
- Teacher's aide among 10 victims killed in Texas high school shooting
- Students storm high school with water guns, fireworks in fake shooting prank
- Kentucky Derby winner Justify wins Preakness
- 1 dead, 1 injured in shooting after high school graduation
- WATCH: Workers left dangling after scaffold collapse in Atlanta
- WATCH: The moments from the Royal wedding
- WATCH: Explosion rocking a chemical plant near Houston
- WATCH: Alleged Santa Fe HS shooter charged with capital murder
- WATCH: New eruption from the summit of Kilauea puts dozens more homes in danger
- WATCH: Students wipe away tears as they returning to Santa Fe high school
- WATCH: What we know about the Sante Fe High School alleged shooter
- WATCH: The best of Harry and Meghan's royal wedding
- WATCH: Suspected Texas shooter makes 1st court appearance
U.S. criticizes China’s militarization of disputed waters
BEIJING — The Pentagon criticized what it called China’s “continued militarization” of island outposts inRead More
1 dead, 1 injured in cougar attack in Washington state
NORTH BEND, Wash. — One man was killed and another seriously injured when they encounteredRead More