Driver allegedly rams police cruiser while impaired
A 30-year-old Chatham woman is facing a dozen charges after allegedly attempting to evade police while driving impaired.
Saturday morning Middlesex OPP responded to reports of an erratic driver on the 401. Witnesses told police the driver had fled the scene of a collision.
The vehicle was located in London at a gas station at Exeter Road and Wellington Road.
Once officers were spotted the driver reversed the car and crashed into a gas pump, according to police.
Police then say she fled the scene and headed to a commercial plaza where she rammed a police cruiser repeatedly before fleeing on foot.
Officers arrested the woman on foot and through an investigation determined she was impaired by drugs and driving a stolen vehicle.
As a result the woman is facing the following charges:
- Assault with A Weapon
- Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle x 2
- Driving While Ability Impaired – motor vehicle (Alcohol and Drug)
- Fail to Comply with Conditions of Undertaking Given by Officer in Charge
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance
- Flight while Pursued by Peace Officer
- Obstruct Peace Officer
- Possession Break In Instruments
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 – in Canada
- Public Mischief
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance
#canadiannews #worldnews #headlinenews and stories from around the world
USA Today News Headlines
[su_feed url=”http://rssfeeds.usatoday.com/usatoday-NewsTopStories” limit=”20″]
USA News Headlines
[su_feed url=”http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_us.rss” limit=”20″]
ABC NEWS Headlines
[su_feed url=”http://feeds.abcnews.com/abcnews/usheadlines” limit=”20″]
Sask. RCMP charge man in abduction that sparked Amber Alert last Sunday
NORTH BATTLEFORD, Sask. — Saskatchewan RCMP have arrested a man following an investigation into theRead More
Six siblings of Arizona Republican urge voters: don’t re-elect our brother
It’s hard to get six siblings to agree on anything. But the family of RepublicanRead More