Driver allegedly rams police cruiser while impaired
A 30-year-old Chatham woman is facing a dozen charges after allegedly attempting to evade police while driving impaired.
Saturday morning Middlesex OPP responded to reports of an erratic driver on the 401. Witnesses told police the driver had fled the scene of a collision.
The vehicle was located in London at a gas station at Exeter Road and Wellington Road.
Once officers were spotted the driver reversed the car and crashed into a gas pump, according to police.
Police then say she fled the scene and headed to a commercial plaza where she rammed a police cruiser repeatedly before fleeing on foot.
Officers arrested the woman on foot and through an investigation determined she was impaired by drugs and driving a stolen vehicle.
As a result the woman is facing the following charges:
- Assault with A Weapon
- Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle x 2
- Driving While Ability Impaired – motor vehicle (Alcohol and Drug)
- Fail to Comply with Conditions of Undertaking Given by Officer in Charge
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance
- Flight while Pursued by Peace Officer
- Obstruct Peace Officer
- Possession Break In Instruments
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 – in Canada
- Public Mischief
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance
#canadiannews #worldnews #headlinenews and stories from around the world
USA Today News Headlines
[su_feed url=”http://rssfeeds.usatoday.com/usatoday-NewsTopStories” limit=”20″]
USA News Headlines
[su_feed url=”http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_us.rss” limit=”20″]
ABC NEWS Headlines
[su_feed url=”http://feeds.abcnews.com/abcnews/usheadlines” limit=”20″]
Grab The Wheel Against Impaired Driving
From CTV Northern Ontario’s Molly Frommer: The Safe Ride Home Sudbury group hosts a newRead More
Recovery and rebuild continues one month after tornadoes
CTV Ottawa Published Sunday, October 21, 2018 5:25PM EDT Last Updated Sunday, October 21, 2018Read More