Oxygen tank explodes during house fire in Port McNicoll
Published Wednesday, May 16, 2018 3:46PM EDT
Last Updated Wednesday, May 16, 2018 3:47PM EDT
A house fire in Port McNicoll not only destroyed a home, but shocked neighbours who heard a loud explosion.
The fire broke out late Tuesday afternoon at a house on the corner of Seventh Avenue and Assiniboia Street. Two people and two dogs were able to escape the home without injury.
When fire crews arrived on scene, flames could be seen coming out of the back, front and roof of the home.
The homeowner’s medical oxygen tank exploded from the heat of the fire, but the explosion is considered very minor.
Fire officials say the cause of the fire is electrical in nature.
Damage is estimated at $250,000.
#canadiannews #worldnews #headlinenews and stories from around the world
USA Today News Headlines
[su_feed url=”http://rssfeeds.usatoday.com/usatoday-NewsTopStories” limit=”20″]
USA News Headlines
[su_feed url=”http://rss.cnn.com/rss/cnn_us.rss” limit=”20″]
ABC NEWS Headlines
[su_feed url=”http://feeds.abcnews.com/abcnews/usheadlines” limit=”20″]
Persephone Theatre launches Inclusivity Program for people with impairments
Persephone Theatre is making its performances more accessible through its newly launched Inclusivity Program. TheRead More
Boil water advisory issued for Saint-Bruno and Saint-Hubert
Officials in Longueuil issued a boil water advisory for the borough of Saint-Hubert and theRead More